Saturday 7 May 2011

What's (Currently) In My Make-Up Bag

I absolutely love stumbling across posts like these, it's great to see what other products people are using, so I thought I'd do my very own post :)

I used to own alot of make-up, but I decided to cut down my 'collection'. Now I have my make-up split into three:

+ A basic make-up bag
+ A Cath Kidston make-up bag with a few MAC lipglosses, a Barry M dazzledust, and a few other bits inside
+ My wonderful Urban Decay palette, all I'll probably ever need for eyeshadow, ever..


Cosmetics Bag from Accessorize via Ebay

I saw this lovely little bag on Ebay one afternoon years ago, while my mum was peering over my shoulder. I decided to bid on it, and found out she loved it, so when it arrived, I passed it to her. She used it for a little while, then passed it back to me. So this, is a very well loved bag ;)

I think it only cost around £4.00 with postage included, which is a bargain considering Accessorize purses and bags tend to be pricey. You can usually find some lovely Accessorize beaded and sequinned purses/cosmetics bags on Ebay, so it's always worth a look.


Here's what's inside:

+ Maybelline Volume Express Lift-up Mascara (you can see a review I wrote about this here)
+ Rimmel Hide The Blemish Concealer in Ivory
+ Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero
+ Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in Ivory
+ Bourjois Blush in Rose D'or
+ Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in Mauve
+ Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Warm Beige
+ Lip Smacker in Easter Cake
+ Lip Smacker in Vanilla Cola
+ Benefit Benetint miniature
+ Clinique Superbalm Moisturising Gloss in Grapefruit
+ Vaseline.. of course :D
+ A super sparkly (and super broken) mirror from Accessorize

As you can see, my basic make-up is all generally drugstore brands, although I would love to own more expensive better quality products, those products work fine for me :) and I hate spending alot of money on things that turn out to be rubbish, I'm a little boring like that.

The UD eyeliner came as part of a set with a few other lovely colours (I have them somewhere), I seriously recommend these eyeliners, they are wonderous.

The Clinique gloss was a freebie from a magazine. I heart freebies :D

Easter Cake Lip Smacker

This is one of my most recent purchases, I bought it a couple of days ago from Primark for 50p! I guess it's their easter stock, so they're keen to sell, but cake is cake, and this does smell delicious (boyfriend thinks it smells sickly). I love wearing light lip balms in the summer, I find lip glosses too sticky and I rarely wear lipstick. So easter cake and the vanilla cola will be travelling around with me alot over the next few months.

Benetint Miniature

This is such a cute little thing, and although I rarely use it (as you can tell), I still love having it around. I tend to use a teeny tiny amount on my lips to make them look naturally pinker. It works a treat :)
The miniature comes from the Justine Case set. The Benefit website no longer sell it, so it's worth a google search if you're interested in it, just beware of any potential fakes out there (incase there is any).

Bourjois Blush in Rose D'or

Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Mauve

I can never decide which one of these is my favourite, they're both really lovely. I find the Maybelline mousse easier to apply for precision, but the shimmery effect of Bourjois' Rose D'or is perfect for adding some sparkle to my cheeks. I originally saw the Bourjois one on a blog entry from Sailboat, where Jennie shows other shades, too. I'm also keen on Rose Ambré ;)


Urban Decay Alice In Wonderland Palette

Adrian (wonderful boyfriend) bought me this beautiful palette for Christmas, and it's taken me on an eyeshadow journey like I could never believe. I've always loved eyeshadow, and loved looking at eyeshadow looks online. But whenever I tried these looks, it would all go wrong, I'd look like someone had punched me in the eye or I'd let a child loose on my eyelids. But this palette encouraged me to learn, and now I've mastered a few looks that encompass all the colours, and suit work also ;)

My favourites are Drink Me Eat Me, Oraculum, Muchness and Queen. These are the colours I use most frequently :)

If I've mentioned something you're keen to try, but would love more information about it, or perhaps you'd like a proper review, please feel free to send me an email to sparklerosedesigns@live.co.uk :)
I'm no expert (believe me) but I have been using these products for a long time.

**Before I go, if you're a fan of The Body Shop and love their famous body butters, them go grab yourself a copy of Marie Claire (June 2011). You get a free lovely body butter, 50ml travel size, in either mango, shea or one called Dreams Unlimited, which is based on their new perfume.**

I picked up mango, yumyum :)

Love,
Fiona x

12 comments:

  1. Oh I love seeing posts like these as well, love nosing through people's stuffs!
    That UD palette is wonderful (well done, that BF!) and liking the sound of the bargainous easter cake balm.
    I have a few select things in a pretty little make-up bag that George bought me for Mothers Day, and a ruddy great box full of everything else, think it would give me some kind of seizure to go through it all so I'll just use my little bag and pretend the rest doesn't exist! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should do a post on your pretty little make-up bag, and the goodies inside it :D
    I used to have a drawer full, but I ended up going for the same products all the time and that's when I realised a drawer full was a silly idea for me :)

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Rimmel stay matte powder & the bourjois Rose D'or blush :)
    Great post!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bourjois Rose D'Or, easily in my top 3 blushers. That's such a pretty bag, and what a bargain you got it for!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want that lip smacker! I didnt see those in my primark :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. JustLikeJasper - The powder really is awesome, considering the price :) and thankyou!

    Emily - Why thankyou :D and I do love a good bargain from Ebay...

    daisychain - They were in tubs right by the checkout at my local store, and I only bought it less than a week ago, so it may be that they're hiding :P

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the follow - your blog is absolutely adorable so im now following back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. COOL

    http://bohenvoyage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice.
    New follower.

    ninajj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou for all your lovely comments! :)

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  11. After seeing this, I'm tempted to do one of my own!

    xo, Allie

    www.sparklesandstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Allie - I'll look out for your post :D

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment, I really do appreciate each & every one :)
I also reply to comments, so please check back <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...