Saturday 12 February 2011

Maybelline Volume Express Lift-Up Mascara

I've been a huge fan of my wonderous Rimmel 100% waterproof mascara for years and years now. Everytime I've decided to treat myself to something different, it's always backfired on me. I love something with a bit of volume, and some curling, plus something that isn't going to smudge all over me. The only mascara that provided me this was the above, until a week or so ago, when I found a new eyelash friend :)


I was re-buying my basics in Boots when Maybelline had a 3 for 2 deal, so I decided to pick up one of their mascaras, the Volume Express Lift-Up, which was labelled as 'new'. I'm not entirely sure how long it's been 'new' for, I live under a rock most of the time where make-up is concerned. But I have to say, expecting it to be pants, I was pretty surprised by the results.

It's in a lovely black casing with shiny pink writing, I think the packaging is lovely and girly in ways.


The brush is curved slightly to follow the curvature of the eyelashes, so it catches the end ones too. I just need one coat of this for a decent impact (I think if you applied loads it would start to clump).

It's not very clear but my eyelashes are bare in this photo, there's just some smudged eyeliner around my eyes.

Here are a few photos demonstrating the lengthening power of this mascara. I don't curl my eyelashes anymore, so the curling and lengthening properties are really useful for me. I notice a change almost immediately after applying, which is also pretty good.

I'm usually a good girl and remove make-up before bed, but I've always had a bit of a panda going onthe next morning. With this mascara, the panda is minimal. Just a bit of black smudge under my eyes, and that could be from bits of eyeliner that didn't come off the night before.

All in all, I'd rate this mascara rather highly. I've never tried anything too fancy, but in terms of drugstore brands, I'd say this is a winner.

***
In other non-mascara news, I'm hoping to show off Sparklerose Designs goodies to a boutique (hopefully on monday), so I've been beavering away making lots of new items. I'll be posting pictures of them in my next entry.

And also, as a thankyou to my wonderful readers, I'm planning to hold another giveaway (they're so fun!) It'll begin on monday, with a semi-valentine's theme ;)

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!

Love,
Fiona x

2 comments:

  1. I love maybelline mascaras, I always go back to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My current mascara is running very low, so I may have to try this out, especially if they've still got the three for two offer on in boots :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment, I really do appreciate each & every one :)
I also reply to comments, so please check back <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...