Tuesday 19 April 2011

A Huge Catch Up..

I haven't posted a thing in ages! Time has seriously flown by. Looooads to say...

I've spent my time focusing on getting my finances in order, so I've seriously cut back on jewellery supplies, I've sold alot of my non-sparklerose things through Ebay and car boot sales, and stopped shopping for any girly things I don't need. It's been going for a few weeks now, and although I would love to go on a big shopping trip, watching my bank balance improve is extremely motivating. However, we are having some treats, such as a London daytrip, and I did purchase a naughty bag, but generally they are at a minimum. Our focus is to save loads of money for our future.

Due to my little world being busier than usual, my time to sit and relax with beads and tools in my hands are becoming rare. I still enjoy it, and I love the things I make, but I definitely will be taking a backseat from it, for now anyway. I would love to explore other options of handmade goodies when I do have more time, and I'd like to remove the pressures of advertising/promotion that inevitably come with a small ''business''. I basically want to inject the fun back into it, and the best way for me to do this is to supply shops, as I'm doing with Milkwood Gallery, so for now, that'll be my main focus. I think when I started last year I tried to run before I could walk.

However, there will be more items to show in the future, when I'm finished with my other missions, and I will maintain an online shop as well as supplying. But for now, I'm somewhat taking a proper break :)

My missions:

- To sort myself out financially, from overtime in work, selling old things, being a cautious & thrifty spender.
- To get our flat looking perfect, by de-cluttering and reorganising sections of it.
- To generally focus on my life here, I still have more settling in to do.

So, here's what I've been upto the past few weeks...

We visited London on a very sunny Saturday and we decided to go to the Southbank Centre Square for a chocolate festival. We bought a box of delicious macaroons in the yummiest of flavours, like lemon & lime, and Malibu (very fruity). He also got us some huuuge cookies that tasted almost like flat circle brownies with loads of chocolate chips. I nibbled mine on the tube as we were heading to Kew Gardens. We spent most of the afternoon there. We're planning to make a daytrip there at some point.

I baked cupcakes :D and then decorated them badly with chocolate chips. They were meant to be like hearts, but it failed me. The buttercream was incredible, I finally got the consistency right, and the flavour was awesome. Just a dash of strawberry jam gave it a lovely strawberry flavour and a very faint pink colouring.

I did however purchase this very naughty bag from Cath Kidston. The boyfriend passed me some money while we were in the store, and told me to buy myself something, so I bought this :D I have sold alot of my older bags though, so I have been somewhat 'good'.

I've also started to clear alot of my toiletries. I seem to be part of a large amount of people who have hoarded loads of toiletries, like myself, and alot of people are talking about cutting their collections down. I started taking photos of the things that I've used up, so far for April I've got 12 photos. It's motivated me to use things I've held onto for no apparent reason, like samples and miniatures. Apart from things like toothpaste, shampoo+conditioner, and facial-based things, I haven't needed to buy any toiletries at all. The worst bit is the amount of lotions and body butters I have, eek.

Wow, I've written a ton, I'm going to stop now ;)

I've been seriously considering creating a blog sale for some of the things I'm selling. Any thoughts? :)

Love,
Fiona x

3 comments:

  1. Sweet blog! I love the Cath Kidston bag :)
    xo
    Erin

    pinkandpolos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks both! :D
    I've started using it but I haven't been anywhere to take it yet, hopefully I'll take it out with me over the bank holiday weekend :)

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment, I really do appreciate each & every one :)
I also reply to comments, so please check back <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...