Thursday 1 September 2011

Blog Update In Photos

I've had a life changing couple of weeks and I've been too busy to blog about it, so I thought I'd catch up with photos :)

001. We got engaged!! This was a complete surprise to me, but Adrian had planned the whole thing. He got down on one knee in the beautiful countryside while we were having a Saturday walk. He made some chocolate coated strawberries and got me pink glitter edged roses. In the evening, he booked a table at a surprise location, we had a cosy candlelit dinner in a beautiful country pub in the middle of nowhere. It was the most romantic day/night.

002. Pretty work clothes. I have officially left my previous job, and I'm due to start my new job next week! I'll be working in a law firm, so for the office environment, I've invested in a few key pieces. I've mainly stuck with pretty tops, plain cardigans and black trousers. It's been strange getting my own uniform, because I've always been given one in previous jobs.

003. Naughty treats. I've been to Cardiff celebrating my new job & engagement with family. While I was there, I nipped into town and went to MAC. I purchased a few naughty bits. I got a lipstick (Snob), an eyeshadow (Plum Dressing) and one of the eyeshadow duos from the Semi-Precious collection (Pink Split). I think I just about caught the Semi-Precious eyeshadow as the collection seems to be on its way out now. I regret not buying the Rose Quartz blush, although I think I'll treat myself to Dainty from the general line soon.
I also got my hands on a lovely Heirloom shadestick from the MAC Me Over collection. I felt pretty lucky as I purchased it on the 30th August, when it was due in September. The lady mentioned that the particular store was releasing it slightly earlier than other stores. It's in a beautiful beige champagne sort of shade.
If you want any swatches of these items, just leave a comment on this blog post :)

004. Owl Necklace. I got this from the Dorothy Perkins website (link here). I thought it would be tiny, but actually, it's huge compared to what I expected! At first I was a little put off by it, and I wasn't sure whether to return it. But I took it to Cardiff with me, and almost wore it every day. It's so cute paired with a nice plain top, as it's a pretty big statement piece.

005. Custom Order. After the jewellery stall, I received a custom order for someone who loves butterflies. I found these beautiful vitrial butterfly beads on Ebay and turned them into this charm bracelet. I've sent photos over, she loves it, so it'll either be collected or dropped off v.soon.

Love,
Fiona x

10 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow, huge and hearty CONGRATULATIONS!! (on the engagement, not the MAC, although...!) :D x

    (Oh and PS, I've messaged our winner via folksy asking her to comment on the random number post, think she's been on hols so hopefully she'll drop by soon)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome, congrats!!!!!! <333333
    I love your ring+ nails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. flonightingale - thankyou!! :D And thanks for getting in touch with our winner! xx

    Insanely Sweet - thankyou! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great buys!! Oh my that ring is lovely! Congratulations!!
    xoxo Jess
    SparksandFireworks.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow congratulations - what a pretty ring.

    Loving the mac colours too,

    Helen, x
    http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats!! love that owl ring, too cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful things (:

    xx

    skadiida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great pictures dear. those pink roses are beautiful. and the owl necklace is lovely, the last necklace is gorgeous. love your blog <333

    follow me if you love to, and i’ll follow you back :)

    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are writting some fascinating and Best substance I likewise bookmark this url....You folks are keeping in touch with some Amazing tips. This article truly encouraged me a ton. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing this. Absolutely Awesome Post Please Keep Posting Regulary... you are absolutely wonderful...
    8 Yard Skip

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment, I really do appreciate each & every one :)
I also reply to comments, so please check back <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...